Just recently, the Polish developers released a major update for their latest creation Cyberpunk 2077. Patch 2.0 was the final milestone in the development of the cult game, however, as it happens with CD PROJEKT RED, not everything went according to their plan.
There’s no doubt that update 2.0 brought a huge amount of improvements along with a ton of gameplay fixes and tweaks, but at the same time, the actual update traditionally broke some in-game mechanics and quests. As our editor likes to say, “this patch urgently needs its own patch”. And the Poles are already working hard to fix the problems.
Here’s a list of the major changes you can expect in the 2.01 update:
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it’s not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you’re experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
And remember: these are just the highlights. More details will be in the patch note on the 2.01 update release.
At the moment, the exact release date of the hotfix is not known, however, the developers themselves say that it is worth waiting for in the very near future.