Frankly, fans of the Japanese company could not believe until the last moment in the reality of the backward compatibility of PlayStation 5 with PlayStation 4. After all, in the past, SONY has repeatedly made it clear to its customers that launching old games on a new generation of consoles is clearly not their primary goal. However, this time, PS4 and PS5 turned out to be hardware compatible, and apparently, for this reason, the Japanese giant went to meet his fans.
However, as it turned out, not all games for the PlayStation 4 will be ready to run on the PlayStation 5. Sony has provided a list of games that gamers will be able to play only on the PS4. And it is worth noting that the absence of these projects in the PlayStation 5 library should not upset the vast majority of players:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One;
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2;
- Just Deal With It!;
- Shadow Complex Remastered;
- Robinson: The Journey;
- We Sing;
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition;
- Joe’s Diner.
Apparently, the rest of the PS4 library is ready for the arrival of the PS5, although Sony warns that some games may still have “bugs or unexpected behavior.”
Now how do you actually run old PS4 games on PS5? Well, Sony has provided several options:
- Insert your PS4 game disc into your PS5. You may need to download an update. You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game;
- Install a digital copy of the PS4 game on your PS5 console.
In other words, there shouldn’t be any significant backward compatibility issues.