CD PROJEKT RED has released the full list of fixes and improvements for Cyberpunk 2077’s upcoming major update 1.3.
The list of changes is so extensive that it is simply not possible to single out something specific. In patch 1.3, the developers fixed the vast majority of problems with the story and additional quests, as well as added some additional content, such as Johnny Silverhand’s alternate skin and V’s new jackets.
Separately, I would like to note that in this update, the developers did not add AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution technology, which is so expected by many players.
It should also be mentioned that the release date of patch 1.3 for Cyberpunk 2077 is currently unknown. We will announce the release of the upcoming update separately on the day of its release.
Full list of changes and improvements in patch 1.3:
Please note that the issues listed below did not affect all players.
- A list of all the free DLCs can be found in the Main Menu under “Additional Content”.
- Johnny Silverhand’s Alternative Appearance – can be enabled in Settings in the “Additional Content” tab.
- Multilayered Syn-Leather Deltajock Jacket, Luminescent Punk Jacket – both available in the stash in V’s apartment after receiving a message from Viktor after completing The Ride. They’re of Rare/Iconic quality by default, Crafting Specs to craft a higher quality will also be unlocked.
- Archer Quartz “Bandit” – available as a reward or for purchase (depending on choices made by player) after completing Ghost Town and then receiving a message from Dakota or Rogue. If you haven’t received the message, make sure to be in the Badlands area and move further away from Dakota’s workshop. Dakota will also need a couple of days to contact you.
- Improved the minimap’s zoom level when driving, so that it’s more zoomed out and easier to navigate.
- Automatic Love – screen with pictures of Skye and Angel will be displayed substantially longer, making it easier to choose between the two.
- Added a button which allows to reallocate the distribution of Perk points on a character’s skill tree.
- Increased the number of slots for autosaves from 10 to 20 and for quick saves from 3 to 10 across all platforms.
- Added Database links to Journal entries.
- Added an accessibility option for center of screen dot overlay which helps with reducing/avoiding motion sickness. It can be enabled in Settings → Interface → Center of screen dot overlay.
- Fixers will now message V to offer a car for purchase less often.
- Improved the Screen Space Reflections effect so that it looks less grainy on consoles and on lower visual settings qualities on the PC .
- Added a filter for quest items in the Backpack.
- Quest item tags from miscellaneous Job items will now be removed after finishing associated quests, allowing to sell or drop them.
- It is now possible to rotate V in the Inventory with a mouse.
- Players will now properly be able to craft a quickhack even if they once crafted it and then got rid of it.
- Added a comparison tooltip for cyberware.
- Improved a notification when buying cyberware and not meeting the level requirements to equip it.
- It’s now possible to upgrade crafting components in bulk.
- Added new sleeping spots for Nibbles in V’s apartment.
- Icon on a disposal crate will now turn red when player picks up a body instead of being grayed out.
- Landmine icon will now be grayed out after disarming it.
- It’s now possible to use an elevator while carrying a body.
- Happy Together – Barry now has an updated, more unique appearance.
- Base item will now be highlighted green like other components if it’s present in the Inventory when crafting the same item of a better quality.
- Detection time of enemies now depends on game difficulty. Enemies on Easy and Normal difficulties will now detect the player slower. Enemies on Very Hard difficulty will now detect the player faster.
- Enemies on Very Hard difficulty (and only that difficulty alone) will now be more aggressive when searching around when they are in the “Alerted” state.
- NCPD will no longer react and turn hostile because of dead bodies in Open World activities.
- NCPD will now also react to hitting NPCs with a non-lethal weapon.
- Adjusted the damaging process when shooting crowd NPCs while in combat depending on distance and the weapon used.
- (Don’t Fear) The Reaper — improved Adam Smasher’s behaviour during the fight.
- Play It Safe — improved Oda’s behavior during the fight.
- Transmission — improved Placide’s behavior during the fight.
- Transmission — increased Placide’s hacking resistance.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Letter of the Law — improved Cyberpsycho’s behaviour during the fight.
- Every Breath You Take — improved Red Menace’s positioning and aim.
- Increased stats of La Chingona Dorada (Jackie’s iconic pistols).
- The Rescue — increased the number of ammo at the beginning of the quest.
- Introduced minor tweaks and improved balancing of the Contagion quickhack.
- Improved the Crafting system, so that items with Random quality scale their quality with player’s Crafting skill — it’s not possible anymore to roll a quality exceeding that of the relevant Crafting skill.
- The level requirement of items will now increase with each upgrade. Note: the level of upgraded items will be adjusted as a result of this change. The equipped items which exceed the level requirement can keep being used but, if unequipped, will have to wait until the required level is reached.
- Added more crafting specs for cyberware mods.
- Added crafting specs for knives (available from the start of the game).
- Updated the number of components required to craft some items, e.g. Bounce Back, MaxDoc, quickhacks, clothing mods and some weapons.
- Balancing of crafting specs for clothing mods.
- Balancing the number of components required to craft clothing.
- Balancing the number of components required to craft Sandevistan Fragments.
- Optical Camo cyberware will now be available for purchase from Ripperdocs.
- Adjusted price of the Sensory Amplifier cyberware mod.
- Rare Unity crafting spec will now be obtainable only during Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Tygers by the Tail.
- Changed the price and quality of Kerry’s guitar that can be obtained during Gig: Psychofan.
- Fixed an issue where crafting specs from clothing stores were available only during the first visit to a vendor.
- Fixed an issue which occurred after visiting the Nomad Camp, resulting in being unable to use weapons and quick menu items.
- Fixed an issue where hacking a neutral target wasn’t counted towards the Christmas Tree Attack achievement.
- Tutorial windows about skill checks will no longer pop up when the “Unauthorized” prompt is displayed on devices.
- V will no longer look down after using fast travel.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE ACROSS PLATFORMS
This section discusses changes that enter all the platforms but many of them make a bigger difference on last generation consoles and lower performance machines.
- Delamain’s image will no longer get stuck on holocalls when V leaves the car too fast after completing Epistrophy: Badlands.
- Item tooltip will no longer disappear if its content is too long.
- Fixed various typos in subtitles, shards, quests and weapons’ descriptions.
- Added a text message received after failing Epistrophy: North Oak by leaving the Delamain cab.
- Changed back the name of the fast travel point near V’s apartment to “Megabuilding H10”.
- Removed some items labeled as “None” and without proper icons from the inventory.
- The on-hover menu with multitude of mods on an item in inventory will now show stats properly.
- Fixed an issue where male variants of the VR tutorial were in Polish for Brazilian Portuguese language version.
- Black-Market battery mod description will now display strings with item attributes properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Contagion quickhack button was missing its icon outside of inventory.
- Status Effects icon of the “Cold Blood” perk now looks like a snowflake.
- Punk Duolayer Tank Top will now be visible in the Inventory when equipped.
- Added a loading screen tooltip informing about Fast Forward settings.
- Fixed the Galena “Gecko” vehicle’s name next to the “Buy vehicle” prompt.
- Image in the second message from Nancy Hartley in Holdin’ On/Killing in the Name will now be displayed properly.
- Adjusted wording of the Crafting skill progression reward related to upgrade cost reduction.
- The image displaying Mackinaw MTL1 in the “Call vehicle” menu will now match with the car’s model.
- Removed debug strings from the “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” perk’s tooltip.
- Icon grouping artifacts will no longer get detached from their respective locations on the map when zooming in/out.
- When Stamina Meter is depleted, the appropriate icon will now appear next to the health bar instead of the overload icon.
- Villefort Alvarado V4F 570 Delegate description will now correctly state that the drive is rear wheeled.
- The period of the possible occurrence in the description of Synaptic Accelerator in the tooltip will now display a proper value when playing in Polish.
- Fists description in the weapon wheel will now display an appropriate item type.
- Fixed text in the shard about Chiba-11 district.
- Opening Photo Mode and a vendor menu in quick succession will no longer result in freezing the game.
- Gold iconic loot icons will now be displayed on the minimap.
- Fixed an instance where hit markers and kill confirmation weren’t visible when destroying enemy turrets.
- Fixed enemy markers using the incorrect color on unaware enemies – they will now be yellow instead of red.
- Fixed an issue when RAM Recovery Rate below 0.50 was not displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue when the disassemble item button was displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the buttons on switching mods warning were not working as intended.
- Fixed the non-functional hinted keys when Breaching Protocol.
- Removed redundant input hints in the Cyberdeck panel.
GRAPHICS, AUDIO, ANIMATION
- Reinforced Composite-Lined Rocker Foldtop is now properly aligned with V’s legs.
- Fixed an issue where the Monowire could slightly dislocate male V’s arms and clip through clothes.
- Fixed an issue in The Heist where Flathead’s case could float outside the hotel room in Konpeki Plaza, blocking the doorway.
- Fixed an issue where changing music volume in Sound settings affected car radio alongside with the background music.
- Fixed an issue where Takemura`s voice was doubled while talking to V in the van in Down on the Street.
- Fixed an issue where some netrunning suits clipped with female V’s legs and male V’s pants.
- Fixed an issue with the running animation after jumping on downwards or upwards slope.
- Fixed dust particles, which were sometimes incorrectly displayed.
- Characters’ skin will no longer become too bright in dark areas.
- In The Information, Smasher’s shadow will no longer appear on the elevator’s door after rewinding braindance to the beginning.
- Fixed Arasaka soldiers spawning on player’s sight when going back upstairs to save Takemura in Search and Destroy.
ENVIRONMENT AND LEVELS
- Fixed various map holes in Watson, City Center, Westbrook, Heywood and Santo Domingo.
- Fixed faulty pathing for vehicles on the City Center ring road.
- Fixed multiple places where the player’s character could get stuck permanently.
- Fixed multiple issues with disappearing environments.
- Fixed multiple issues with objects popping in on player’s sight.
- GPS in Biotechnica Flats will no longer lead players to unreachable areas.
- Rearranged shards into correct categories.
- Fixed an issue where calls to quest NPCs would abruptly end, making the NPC appear in other calls and potentially breaking other holocalls from the NPC.
- Fixed an issue where interrupted holocall would resume along with another call, which could make the NPC appear in other calls and break the next holocall from that NPC.
- Fixed an issue where Judy wouldn’t spawn inside her van after finding the XBD.
- Fixed an issue where Judy’s van could spawn underground after getting the XBD, blocking progress.
- Players will no longer get locked inside the braindance studio basement if they visited it after completing Disasterpiece.
- Fixed an issue when it wasn’t possible to interact with Takemura and to fulfil the objective “Meet Takemura”.
I Walk the Line
- Shutters leading to the cinema inside Grand Imperial Mall should no longer be closed, blocking access.
- The doors leading to Netwatch Netrunner will now properly open after defeating Sasquatch.
Play it Safe
- Fixed an issue with interrupted holocalls, which could block calls from Takemura.
- Various smaller fixes for the parade sequence, it should now be a more polished experience overall.
- Removed the Relic Malfunction effect during the conversation with Brendan.
Coin Operated Boy
- The quest should no longer stay “Undiscovered” when the interaction with Brendan should start.
- Stefan is no longer missing.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from depositing quest items from gigs at their respective drop points.
- Stefan’s braindance can no longer be used while on a bike.
- Fixed an issue that could result in player being unable to exit Clouds because of an invisible barrier.
- Fixed an issue where Evelyn didn’t despawn from Judy’s workshop after The Information, which resulted in player not being able to talk to Judy because of an invisible wall blocking the way.
- Fixed an issue where killing the VIP guards in a specific order could result in a disappeared objective and blocked further progression.
- It will no longer be possible to get stuck inside Clouds by entering without going through the reception desk.
Beat on the Brat
- Fixed an issue in which the quest could get stuck with Fred not calling in regards to the final fight, which was caused by players running away from Rhino too fast after defeating her. The quest now also continues for players who were rude like that.
- Arroyo — it’s now possible to take the money from Buck after defeating him.
- Kabuki — there was a chance that the twins wouldn’t want to fight anymore after V lost twice. This was fixed, so they can now enjoy an infinite amount of winning until V beats them.
Big in Japan
- Tyger Claws gangers will no longer engage in combat with each other.
- The quest will now fail upon getting out of the vehicle after having driven into water (preventing blocking progression).
- Fixed an issue where the quest wouldn’t update after arriving with Rogue at Silver Pixel Cloud.
- The quest will no longer fail after being completed when V chooses not to go to the city with Kerry and uses fast travel.
Both Sides, Now
- It’s no longer possible to interact with Judy’s mirror while Johnny is leaning on it.
Don’t Lose Your Mind
- Fixed an issue where player could get locked out of Delamain’s core room if they entered and exited the room in quick succession.
Down on the Street
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to talk to Wakako.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to reach the van without triggering a fight.
- From now on Elizabeth will follow V correctly.
- The corporate agents will now despawn if the chase is failed.
- The “Connect to the van’s Access Point” objective will no longer reappear after neutralizing the attackers before calling Elizabeth.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the quest to stay active after completion.
Shoot to Thrill
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to take the gun from Wilson after the quest.
For Whom the Bell Tolls
- It’s no longer possible to jump into the open world from the rooftop in Afterlife.
- Point of interest icon will now appear properly on the map.
Forward to Death
- Fixed an issue where Militech reinforcements could fly away in the AV instead of jumping down onto the battlefield, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where the Basilisk could get stuck after colliding with vehicles in the Nomad Camp.
- Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, the quest wouldn’t progress after defeating Sandra.
- Adjusted an appearance of one of the gangers in order to avoid clipping issues.
- Dakota will no longer call V after leaving the town area in Panam’s car.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while waiting for Panam by the power substation.
- Fixed an issue when Panam didn’t hang up when approached, causing blocked progression.
- It’s no longer possible to call vehicles onto the Raffen Shiv arrival spot to prevent conflicts with scenes and NPCs during the quest.
- Panam will no longer crash cars on her way out of the Tunnel.
- Getting in combat outside the area of Barry’s apartment during the objective “Talk to Barry” will no longer fail the quest.
- It’s no longer possible to get locked inside Barry’s apartment after running into it just after telling the NCPD officers about Andrew’s niche.
- Gustavo and Martha will no longer be present at El Coyote Cojo if the player left during the ofrenda and completed Gig: Bring Me the Head of Gustavo Orta in the meantime.
- It’s no longer possible to get stuck inside Jackie’s garage during combat with Valentinos.
I Fought the Law
- It’s no longer possible to block progression by sprinting inside the elevator after being spotted by enemies.
- It’s no longer possible to exit the conference room during the braindance.
- Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, holocalls may not finish properly when leaving the mission area prematurely.
Killing In The Name
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to talk to Johnny near the fortune teller bot.
Life During Wartime
- Fixed an issue where the AV’s door was closed, making it impossible to loot inside.
- It’s no longer possible to summon any vehicle to AV crash site before saving Mitch.
A Like Supreme
- Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, objectives could trigger once again, blocking further progression.
Love Like Fire
- It’s no longer possible to use the chopper rotor to get outside of the rooftop area.
M’ap Tann Pèlen
- Fixed an issue where player was unable to follow Placide inside Batty’s Hotel because of a closed door.
- Fixed an issue where getting a call from or calling Mr. Hands was blocked. Note, it may be necessary to leave the vicinity of the chapel to unblock calls and progress further.
- Overwatch Sniper Rifle will no longer get removed from player’s inventory after passing the Point of No Return. Returning to an earlier save game and playing through PoNR again is required to get the item back.
Practice Makes Perfect
- Fixed a case of an enemy getting stuck inside a wall during the VR tutorial.
- It’s no longer possible to save the game during the sex scene with Judy
Raymond Chandler Evening
- The quest will no longer fail if there’s a car parked at the entrance of the building. // Cured Cynthia’s parked-car-a-phobia.
Riders on the Storm
- Empty vehicles will no longer be present during the chase scene.
- Fixed an issue where Panam’s van could spawn incorrectly if player entered the Wraith camp through the tunnel and exited through the front, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, the progression could be blocked after restoring power.
- Fixed missing pointers to Maelstrom gangers and Patricia at the entrance to Totentanz.
- The quest doesn’t get blocked any more if an alternative path has been used to reach Nancy’s room in Totentanz
Send in the Clowns
- Players can no longer block progression by running Ozob over by their car during the “Talk to Ozob” objective.
Small Man, Big Mouth
- It’s now possible to interact with Kirk even if the conversation with Johnny on the stairs wasn’t triggered
- Fixed a case where killing one of the homeless could result in his body blocking access to the laptop.
- Fixed an issue where the quest wouldn’t complete if player engaged in combat with 6th Street after finishing the challenge.
The Ballad of Buck Ravers
- Fixed missing pointers on Johnny while watching the street performer
The Beast in Me
- It’s no longer possible to start any of the races while in combat.
- Fixed an issue in which when going to meet Claire in her garage, her car could spawn incorrectly, blocking access to dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to select the destination after entering the AV.
- Fixed an issue where there was no option to collect the gun from Wilson.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could disappear while waiting by the Delamain cab next to the Afterlife or while inside Konpeki Plaza.
- Fixed an issue where the quest wouldn’t progress after connecting to the first camera in the Flathead sequence.
- Fixed an issue where the quest could get stuck in the Journal without any objective and Nazaré “Itsumade” wouldn’t get added to owned vehicles if the player had a date with Meredith in Venus in Furs but didn’t go, though players aren’t encouraged to ghost her.
- Fixed an issue when the “Use” prompt was inactive and it wasn’t possible to investigate the computer, blocking further progression.
- Fixed an issue where Dum Dum would keep spawning and despawning if player started combat with Maelstrom in the main hall at a specific moment.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could get stuck in All Foods if player killed Royce from the balcony, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue where progress could be blocked on the “Follow Dum Dum” objective if Dum Dum was killed before reaching the boss room.
- Fixed an issue where the optional objective to “Talk to Brick” could appear even if Brick was killed by the detonator.
- Fixed an issue where, under specific circumstances, it wasn’t possible to finish conversation with the Militech agent, blocking further progression.
- Holocalls from Jackie and Regina will no longer overlap.
- The garage door should no longer close when triggering combat.
- The objective “Sneak past Royce” will no longer fail if Breach Protocol is used earlier.
- Secured a scenario when a hostile path in All Foods is triggered during the call with Meredith Stout.
- It’s no longer possible to get stuck in an interrupted holocall with Jackie when calling him immediately after exiting Dex’s limo.
The Space in Between
- Fixed an issue where Fingers wasn’t present in his clinic.
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
- Quest will no longer fail if player previously got into a fight with the 6th Street gang during Stadium Love.
- Fixed a case where the game could get stuck on a black screen after entering cyberspace.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck on the phone with Maman Brigitte if the call was interrupted.
- Summoning vehicles should no longer be blocked after leaving the chapel.
Venus in Furs
- It’s no longer possible to get stuck in the room with Meredith Stout
- Fixed an issue where Johnny wasn’t spawning during the “Talk to Johnny” objective.
We Gotta Live Together
- Fixed the guidance marker leading to Saul prior to nomad initiation ceremony.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to talk to Mitch.
With a Little Help from My Friends
- Fixed an issue where Panam’s briefing could appear stuck for some players, lingering on the objective “Wait for the Nomads”.
- It’s now easier to drive out of the Sunset Motel garage with Saul’s reward.
- Progress will no longer get blocked if player destroys the car received from Saul for telling him about Panam’s plans. Quest will now be failed after doing so and the car will not be received.
- Fixed an issue allowing multiple debrief holocalls from fixers to play at once, which could lead to blocked completion of various gigs (like Gig: A Lack of Empathy, Gig: Fixer, Merc, Soldier, Spy and others). We continue working on visual issues related to gigs stuck in the Journal, note that the latter don’t prevent district achievements from unlocking.
- Removed redundant loot from the body in the ferris wheel.
- Fixed an issue where Quadra Type-66 could be destroyed before buying it, blocking the progression of its “Buy Vehicle” quest and possibly the completion of the Autojock achievement.
- Fixed an issue in a shootout in Wellsprings where enemies were immortal because the trigger area was too small.
- Fixed an issue causing NPCs to not look at V during various scenes.
- Fixed an exploit where player was granted a Unity Pistol after each save/load.
- V’s facial animations while looking in the mirror will now be played properly.
- Fixed an issue where Rogue was spawning next to the player after calling her and asking about Adam Smasher.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs could stop performing animations after a longer game session.
- Fixed multiple issues with NPCs mounting vehicles incorrectly.
- Fixed various issues where NPCs could be placed incorrectly and clip through objects after loading a saved game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause NPC animations to be played in the wrong spot in various quests.
- Fixed an issue where Jackie could spawn before the player’s eyes during the half-year montage.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs’ appearances got randomized when looking away.
- Fixed an issue where quests and scenes could progress before the loading screen disappeared.
- A gift from Judy can now be found in V’s apartment after player receives a text about it after completing her romance side quests.
- Fixed some story inconsistencies in radio broadcasts.
- Fixed the blackout effect persisting during Love Like Fire when using certain language settings.
- Fixed the issue where tutorial tooltips weren’t correctly displayed on 8k screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash if a save thumbnail was corrupted.
- Fixed toggling Windowed and Fullscreen modes with the Alt+Enter shortcut.
- It’s now possible to exit locked scanning overlay by pressing TAB.
- Added a more compact PC version of the mouse cursor.
- Inner Dead Zone setting will now be applicable also to the game menus.
- [PlayStation] NPCs will no longer speak after being killed.
- Improved streaming of city lights.
- Overwriting a save game when there’s insufficient memory space will no longer corrupt the save.
- Masks and tubes inside the barn in The Hunt will no longer be invisible.
- Rogue will no longer clip through Johnny and will hold the glass correctly in Ghost Town.
- Fixed an issue in The Rescue where loading a save in front of the police blockade resulted in the NCPD officer not starting dialogue, blocking progress.
- Fixed an issue on PS4 where the meeting scene with Judy and Dolls in Pisces wouldn’t start properly.
- [Xbox] Fixed an issue in A Cool Metal Fire where a part of the scene in Cassius Ryder’s clinic could be cut off after the fade out.
- Fixed an issue where weapons were equipped to a wrong slot when assigning them from the Backpack.