The top representative of the LGA1200 platform was installed in the ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Apex motherboard, cooled with liquid nitrogen, and was overclocked to a frequency of 6630 MHz.
The relatively stable operation of the chip at this speed allowed the popular HWBOT x265 Benchmark – 4k to be completed with a result of 28.411 frames per second:
The enthusiast’s test setup consisted of the following components:
- Motherboard – ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Apex;
- RAM – 2 x 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V;
- Video card – ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Platinum Edition;
- Power supply – Enermax MAXTYTAN 1250W;
- Thermal compound – Arctic MX-5.
Source: Result page on the HWBot website