Of the main features of the next release of AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 21.5.2 drivers, it is worth noting the optimization of the software for the Days Gone game, as well as support for Microsoft DirectX 12 Agility SDK and Microsoft Shader Model (you can read more about this on the official AMD website).
Additional changes and fixes include a fix for the problem with shadows on Radeon RX 6000 graphics cards when ray tracing is enabled in Cyberpunk 2077 and the elimination of a periodic signal loss bug during AMD Link stream optimization, when using the HEVC video codec on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or newer.
Among the known but unsolved problems, the Resident Evil Village game periodically hangs in the first mission on AMD Radeon VII graphics cards.
You can find a detailed list of changes and fixes below:
- Days Gone
- Microsoft® DirectX® 12 Agility SDK & Microsoft® Shader Model 6.6
- Uninstalling or upgrading Radeon Software using the factory reset option may delete AMD chipset driver folders if they are stored in the same directory as the Radeon Software installation. Users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the latest AMD cleanup utility instead.
- Cyberpunk 2077™ may experience shadow corruption on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics when ray tracing is enabled.
- Intermittent loss of signal during AMD Link’s Stream Optimization if HEVC is used on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products or later.
- The download or launch Ryzen Master buttons in Radeon Software may intermittently disappear or may fail to initialize Ryzen Master.
- FPS logging may log incorrectly or fail to log on RyzenTM Mobile 4000 series and RyzenTM Mobile 5000 series.
- Radeon Software may experience a crash when Record & Stream tab is in use and a display is hot plugged.
- Radeon™ Software might not get updated on Windows 7 platforms when updating from 21.4.1 or 21.5.2 to this release, if factory reset is enabled. As a workaround, users who wish to perform a factory reset are recommended to use the latest AMD cleanup utility instead.
- Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
- Radeon FreeSync™ may intermittently become locked while on desktop after performing task switching between extended and primary displays upon closing a game, causing poor performance or stuttering. A system restart is a potential workaround if this is experienced.
- If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
- If Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in
You can download AMD Radeon Adrenalin 2020 21.5.2 drivers from the official AMD website at this link.