CD Projekt RED has released the planned extensive update number 1.2 for its acclaimed Cyberpunk 2077 project. In this patch, Polish developers focused on fixing critical bugs, optimizing performance, and improving the stability of their game.
The list of changes is available in our today’s news note.
Some of the major changes and improvements:
Stability and performance
This section discusses changes that enter all the platforms but many of them make a bigger difference on last generation consoles and lower performance machines.
- Improved stability and performance of the engine and the rendering engine (reducing the number of random crashes).
- Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).
- Various optimizations and improvements in shadows, shaders, physics, workspot system, spawn system, scene system, animation system, occlusion system, and facial animations system.
- Fixed mechanism for managing UI icons atlases memory which helps with memory-related crashes, especially during long playthroughs.
- Multiple UI stability improvements and fixes for the most common UI-related crashes.
- Various crash fixes (among others, in Settings menu, and upon reloading saves repeatedly during gameplay and GPU-related).
- Multiple UI performance improvements.
- Fixed a performance drop during controller-button-mashing causing V to receive multiple copies of the same item.
- Fixed detection map markers sometimes appearing broken or glitchy on machines with slower hard drives.
- Various other stability and performance improvements.
- Enabled Ray Tracing on AMD graphics cards. Latest GPU drivers are required.
- Keyboard bindings: more keys are now available for rebinding.
- Keyboard bindings: It is now possible to bind opening and closing specific panels to the same key.
- Keyboard bindings: It’s now possible to unbind dodge from the movement keys (in Settings -> Controls). Dodging can still be performed by double-tapping the crouch (toggle) action key (default C).
- It is now possible to enter Journal from the Map panel using a keyboard.
- Achievements will now work on Epic Games Store.
- Modding: Added a new “mod” folder for loading modded archives. The modded archives can be named in any way and go into the “mod” folder now. Having mod archives in the “patch” folder is no longer supported.
- Fixed an issue that prevented grenades from being charged after closing a dialogue window using ESC.
- Fixed the issue where some environment elements would not be displayed correctly on 8k screens.
- Fixed an issue where HUD elements would be missing in 8K resolution.
- Fixed an issue where perks from a certain area of the submenus were not displaying descriptions on 4K and 5K Ultra Wide resolutions.
Source: Official site of the project